Tuesday, April 25, 2006

[political-research] Re: The Money Masters

Sean McBride wrote:

It would be helpful to assemble a bibliography of key books on 
this subject.

Yes, this is something I'm thinking about.  It would be a difficult job, because most of the important works were published prior to the lockdown after WWI.  You would have to know a lot about the evolution of academic history departments around that time, which I'm starting to look into.

As I recall, Brian Downing Quig in cia-drugs, before his unfortunate accident, was pursuing this direction of research,  and produced quite a few posts on the subject.
One issue that always occurs to me: many private fortunes are accumulated through honest, productive and immensely valuable entrepreneurial effort.  How does one factor that into the model? 

Rothbard distinguishes between anarco-capitalism and monopoly capitalism.  Monopoly capitalism is another form of Statism in which the state uses its powers to suppress competition and allow mega coroporations to take over:


Also, once one starts down this route, do you inevitably find yourself in the thick of standard Marxist analysis?  Communism didn't seem to work out as an effective antidote to the problem.

No - of course Marxism represents an extreme form of statism and as you say has tried and has failed miserably.  On the other hand, anyone who dares to touch on the questions of class interests and conflict will inevitably be smeared as a Marxist and/or a Conspiracy Theorist.

A fair number of billionaries have won their fortunes the good old fashioned way: they earned them, by dint of their genius, vision and industry, without any help from a family dynasty.  Some billionaires are also sociopathic gangsters and crooks.  How does one sort all that out?

Check out the Rothbard links above.

Tim Howells

> tim_howells_1000 <timothy.howells@...> wrote:
>   Sean McBride wrote:
> > Does this basically boil down to following the money to the top of
> > the food chain?  Who are the key players at the top of the food
> > chain other than Forbes billionaires?
> >   
> >   Perhaps the innermost history of the world can be grasped by
> > graphing the flow of money among the most wealthy family
> > dynasties.  Intel agencies and financial institutions like the
> > Federal Reserve, BIS, IMF and World Bank are largely instruments
> > of this power faction.
> Yes!  It is as simple as that.  The problems come in because it
> turns out that we have been carefully conditioned to reject this
> kind of investigation.  It turns out that the Neocons are no
> aberration - this struggle between the elites and the masses goes
> right straight back to Jefferson and Hamilton, and it has not
> changed one bit.  Unfortuately, since some time early in the
> twentieth century, the elite grip on academia and the media and
> politics became very powerful.  They were in a position to
> suppress any discussion of this history in polite society, and
> that is exactly what they have done.  I'll have to write this up,
> but you could get most of it in a couple of hours with the video
> soundtrack.
> Tim Howells
> >
> > tim_howells_1000 <timothy.howells@> wrote:
> >     Tim Howells wrote:
> >      Want to get a fascinating history lesson in about the time it
> takes to
> >  watch a Hollywood blockbuster? Watch the Money Masters video (in 3
> >  parts):
> > 
> > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8442305921010099392
> > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5020331178524208549
> > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3510313821923167501
> >
> >   Well OK, I warned you that you would have to get past some stuff,
> but maybe that was an understatement.  The production values are not
> Hollywood, and that guy just keeps pointing his finger.  Also some of
> the conculsions are questionable.  The real value of the video is all
> the historical quotes from Jefferson, Jackson, Lincoln, Bismark,
> Wilson, FDR etc. etc.  If  anyone tried to address serious political
> issues with this kind of frankness these days the cries of "TIN FOIL
> HAT" would  be deafening from all sides.  What you can do is this -
> sometime when you're surfing or working on the computer just put this
> on so you can hear the sound.  Then when you hear something
> interesting you can switch to it and scroll back to hear and see that
> part.
> >   Tim Howells
> >     I'm just getting into this stuff, so I can't vouch for this
> 100%, but this is a far better introduction than any I could
> provide.  You'll have to get past some things to appreciate this. We
> have to face up to the fact that we are the product of a century of
> concerted brainwashing on these topics - a propaganda campaign that
> encompasses mainstream politics, journalism and academia. I
> practically have an allergic reaction when anyone mentions a
> conspiracy of internationalbankers. Still, quite obviously this is
> precisely where we should be looking to understand what's going on.
> Suspend your disbelief and watch through to the very end. You will be
> rewarded.  I'd be very interested in any feedback anyone can give me
> on this stuff.
> >
> > I don't know about the recommendations of a purely fiat currency. I
> like Rothbard's recommendations for a gold standard. Given the
> problems with gold brought out in this video, maybe a silver or
> platinum standard. This is the only approach I can understand, and
> I'm increasingly convinced that this is not because of my own
> stupidity, but because the other schemes are con games, deliberately
> designed to confuse and deceive.
> >
> > Tim Howells
> >
> >
> >
> > Search the archives for political-research at
> http://www.terazen.com/
> >
> > Subscribe to the RSS feed for political-research at
> http://rss.groups.yahoo.com/group/political-research/rss

Search the archives for political-research at http://www.terazen.com/

Subscribe to the RSS feed for political-research at http://rss.groups.yahoo.com/group/political-research/rss


No comments: