Monday, April 10, 2006

[political-research] Re: Tracking the Israel Lobby in Real Time

>
> Why do you think it is that so many Republicans, conservatives, and
high-level American military and intelligence leaders have opposed
policies which were originated by Likud and designed to exploit
American resources to the detriment of Americans? The policies are so
irrational, from the American standpoint, that the mainstream Israel
lobby is now dependent on cultivating the support of insane Christian
Armageddonists and America haters like John Hagee to ram them through.

thanks Sean, I'll serve this link (tired now),

+ as you know I am a complete nitwit in politics and additionally
someone who got pretty sick when he read the basic textbook for
politicians ages ago, [I didn't even read the adaptation of Mr. Faster
please for the average citizen]. But I have to admit that a Kubrik
movie is on my mind pretty often lately: "Dr. Strangelove or How I
Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb."

And I vividly remember the standard in US papers I read to prepare
myself for translating an US Peace Now activist who worked in
Jugoslavia and Kosovo to a German audience. I thought I would need to
update my war vocabulary, which was wrong. But the papers and Time
magazine glowed with pride reporting on all new tools of war and this
was the standard point of view, concerning us Europeans: We finally
had to get ready to take care about their own backyards. This of cause
meant that our "defense" budgets from the US point of view had to rise
immensely. Just ridiculous what little we spent on our "safety".

Could it be that the budget of the US of A's is a bit too high? And
thus always in need of being spend somewhere?

Actually we Germans are in a big fix, on one hand Uri Avnery blamed us
lately for being too timid on "the lobby" on the other we are closely
watched for the slightest sign of antisemitism.

I think Ahmadinejad statements were pretty horrible, and it is very
ironic that he puts Sharon in a row with Hitler, while using the
central item out of his bag of tricks. Everyone nowadays seems to be
pointing on the other calling him the little mustached Austrian. He
definitely couldn't use this tricks if their wasn't a strong
resentment he could operate with. And that's definitely a German
export utility. On the other I can see it's forced out into the open
by politics.

As Walt/Mearsheimer I asked myself quite often, was it good for Israel
to be so heavily funded by the States. Maybe it was really, really
bad. I somehow can't deny that I am emotionally pro-Israel myself. So
it would be much easier for me now, if I could go back and simply
consider you as the intelligent antisemitic devil, as I once did,
understand? But on the other hands, I do not like the idea of mushroom
clowds over Iran either.

So my last mail, maybe was just an attempt to return to these times,
when it was still very easy to discover the antisemites out there, now
I guess I have to live with the fact, that it might in fact be part of
me occasionally. So I decided to return to the 19century and watch it
rise over here. And give up the study of the present, something my
professors warned me of, anyway.

But thanks for answering.

-b

>

Search the archives for political-research at http://www.terazen.com/

Subscribe to the RSS feed for political-research at http://rss.groups.yahoo.com/group/political-research/rss

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/political-research/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
political-research-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments: