Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Bloglines - Proof? My thesis is self-evident

Bloglines user bill.giltner@gmail.com has sent this item to you.


Sadly, No!
Yeah, why a cape? Who wears a cape? Where do you even get a cape?

Proof? My thesis is self-evident

The anecdotal evidence is overwhelming: Liberals hate conservatives a lot more than conservatives hate liberals. I repeat: A lot more. You can ask anybody – or you could save yourself the time and just rely on some stuff people told Dennis Prager:

Where I live in liberal Los Angeles, drivers of most vehicles with Bush-Cheney bumper stickers have told me (and I have often seen) that their cars (and mine) were deliberately scratched. When I have asked about the fate of cars with Kerry-Edwards stickers in equally conservative areas in, for example, Orange County or even the Bible Belt, no Democrat has reported such intentional damage to his car. This does not mean it never happens, only that it is far more rare. I would bet a lot of money -- and I am not a gambler -- that cars displaying conservative messages in liberal areas are far more likely to be defaced than cars with liberal messages in conservative areas.

It’s hard to argue with such a cogent argument. So hard, in fact, that I considered giving up now and getting back to work before my boss fires me. But what the hell -- let's review the data set: Drivers have not only told Prager about the damage their vehicles have suffered by mean-spirited (and very hypocritical) liberal vandals -– but Prager has actually seen the damage. As in, "with his own eyes." In addition, Prager -- who bolsters his claim, I think, by reminding readers that he is not a gambling man, unlike his friend Bill Bennett -- states that he's willing to bet money that his conclusions would turn out to be accurate if he, or someone else, were to actually research the statistics. You know what? I've got an extra $12 I won for finishing second in our office NCAA pool, so I'll bite. Now, if there were only some relatively easy way to find some statistics on this, and preferably something I could do without leaving my desk...

The-Great-Gazoo.gif
[Zeerp] "Hello, dum-dum."

Oh sweet, it's the Great Gazoogle. And not a moment too soon.

While this list is by no means comprehensive, David Neiwert has compiled a fairly extensive compare-contrast list of incidents reported to the police of threats, intimidation, property damage or other skullduggery during the 2004 campaign. Although the sample size might be artificially small because he does not, to my knowledge, cite any incidents reported by callers to Prager's talk radio show, Neiwert came up with a 33-8 ratio of politically motivated crimes committed by conservatives against liberals. Neiwert also lists a whole bunch more here, including examples of liberal misdeeds cited by Michelle Malkin in Unhinged (which Prager doesn't even bother to cite), but there's way too many to list, so let's talk about pies instead:

When Ann Coulter goes to college campuses, she is accompanied by a bodyguard. And colleges routinely bring in police to protect her and to guard against student violence. No bodyguard or police contingent is necessary for Al Franken. Another leftist, Noam Chomsky, a man who has devoted his life to attacking America, goes from campus to campus without worrying about having so much as a pie thrown at him, something regularly done to conservative David Horowitz.

Did you feel that, too, or was it just me? Because I could've sworn I just felt a shiver run up my spine. Regardless of your politics, I'm sure we can all agree that a pie in the face is far more intimidating than promoting legislation that threatens professors with lawsuits and dismissal for expressing views that David Horowitz disagrees with. And it really is a shame that someone who's issued death threats in her nationally syndicated column would feel compelled to hire a bodyguard, while some liberal who says things about America that are basically true but mean flaunts his freedom of speech at campus after campus. Life isn't fair:

There are a few reasons for this discrepancy. One is that the more left one goes, the more one is likely to encounter people who substitute "social justice" for personal morality. Another is that in the eyes of most leftists, people who oppose their "progressive" views on the environment, the war and taxes are such morally inferior people that they are not owed decent behavior. But the biggest reason is the most obvious one: Liberals hate conservatives far more than conservatives hate liberals.

Well, how about that? After a couple hundred words, it turns out that the thesis serves as its own proof. He could've saved us all a bunch of time by just titling his column "Who hates the other more - liberals or conservatives?" and writing his own shorter: "Liberals. And I've got some anecdotal evidence to back it up." (I could also point out that "the more right one goes, the more one is likely to encounter people who substitute 'social justice' for personal morality," but now that the New York Times has that conservative beat, I think we're all familiar with the Religious Right.)

All this hatred sounds sort of ... I dunno ... hateful, as in, "full of hate." If only we could discover the well from which liberals draw their lumpen, pie-spewing hatred of conservatives, we might be able to roll back their bleak vision for America, which no doubt would involve lots and lots of pies flying toward the faces of their enemies as if their faces were some sort of futuristic pie magnets. Luckily, Dennis Prager's seen that well, and it's one I wouldn't think of making a wish and throwing a coin into, because a liberal would probably just give that coin to a panhandler -- or, shudder, someone who bakes pies:

Liberals deem conservatives to be racist, homophobic, war mongering, money worshipping and sexist. It makes perfect sense to hate such people. I would, too. The converse is not true. Conservatives tend to view liberals as immature and foolish. But childish adults and fools don't merit the hatred that racists do. And the liberal charge that conservatives generally label war critics "traitors" is pure fabrication.

Well, he's totally right about that pure fabrication part. I wrote a post about this a couple of months ago at my own blog, and it took forever to create all those fake links I used to "support" my list of people who've been called traitors. In fact, he's right about everything. Everything. I only tried to tear down his arguments as if I were a petulant child, angry at some mean ol' authoritarian father figure, because -- as all reasonable people are aware -- that's all liberals are capable of. We have no plan, and we aren't constructive. All we're good at is the politics of personal destruction, which we practially invented in the 1990s -- back when we did things just because they felt good. So take that, whitey:

Prager-Dennis.jpg

Cue the muted trumpet: Wah-waaahhhh.


No comments: