Saturday, May 13, 2006

[political-researchp] [ HuffingtonPost.com ] Recommendation: Hey Verizon: Here's My Opinion

The Huffington Post

bill.giltner@gmail.com has just sent you a piece from HuffingtonPost.com

Melinda Henneberger: Hey Verizon: Here's My Opinion

Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/../../melinda-henneberger/hey-verizon-heres-my-op_b_20875.html

So when I call Verizon customer service this morning, to discuss a problem with my phone line, a representative says she can only deal with my husband, whose name is on the account, unless I can provide the exact amount of our last payment, "for security purposes." Forty-eight hours ago, still innocent of reports that Verizon, AT&T and BellSouth have turned over the phone records of tens of millions of their customers to the National Security Agency, I doubtless would have toddled off to find either the husband or the amount. But now, I instead inquire, "And did you put the government through this before turning over all of our phone records to them?" Click -- somehow, my call seems to have been droppedNot that I blame the poor woman; I am guessing this is not a good day to be the voice of Verizon. My husband, who has come in on the tail end of this little exchange, is laughing until I tell him I'm calling back now, to switch our service to Qwest, one company that did not fork over their phone records ... Read the rest at HuffingtonPost.com

© 2006 HuffingtonPost.com, LLC

-- Powered by Movable Type Version 3.2 http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype/

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




No comments: