Saturday, May 13, 2006

[political-researchp] Bloglines - Cenk Uygur: Michael Smerconish is a Pussy


The Huffington Post | Raw Feed
The Huffington Post Raw Feed

Cenk Uygur: Michael Smerconish is a Pussy

By Cenk Uygur on 9/11

Michael Smerconish is a pussy. A big gaping pussy.

He loves to talk tough from his comfortable reclining chair about death penalties and the war on terror - and how tough he would be in killing people. Yeah, I know, you're really tough. I'm sure Al Qaeda is quaking in its boots thinking about big, tough Smerconish.

I keep hearing him talk about how the country is sissified. He loves that term. I don't know why, but it keeps going in and out of his mouth. Back and forth, back and forth.

He says we're a country of sissies because we didn't execute Zacarias Moussaoui, who was involved with 9/11. You know what else happened on 9/11? Hundreds of brave firemen and police from liberal -- and hence sissy -- New York went into a burning building and never came out. The passengers on United 93 risked their lives and ultimately died to save their fellow Americans. One of the men who led the charge against the terrorist on board was a gay American. What a sissy!

I'm so tired of hearing these big, bad conservatives try to characterize decent people who try to do the right thing as wimps - and worse yet, in their world - gay! It doesn't take a genius to figure out where Smerconish is going with the sissy label, but in case you missed it, he hits you over the head with it by stating the definition in his latest post: A boy or man regarded as effeminate.

It's not tough to do torture, or renditions, or start unnecessary wars. It's stupid. It gets people killed for no god damn reason. The insurgency picked up tremendous steam after the news came out that we were torturing people in Abu Ghraib and that got more of our boys over there killed. But Smerconish is willing to play with their lives to try to prove how tough he is.

Career military officers warned the Bush administration torture doesn't work and only endangers our troops. But the tough guys over there at the White House thought they knew better than the military. And to this day the president reserves the right to torture detainees through the use of a signing statement he attached to John McCain's torture amendment.

The Iraq War has gotten thousands of soldiers killed and over 17,000 maimed when there was no threat from Iraq, no weapons of mass destruction and no connection to Al Qaeda. Meanwhile Osama bin Laden is walking free as a daisy in northern Pakistan. But this idiot is willing to send all those kids to their deaths just to prove how tough he is and how the country is made of sissies.

Okay Smerconish, show me how tough you are. I challenge you to a fight - verbal or physical. I promise to kick the living shit out of you, either way. I'll stand in for all the people you call sissies and you stand in for all the tough guys - and let's see what happens.

I'm not trying to be clever. I'm being literal. I look forward to kicking your ass. Al Franken once pulled a maneuver like this, so it's not like I think that I've come up with some new gimmick. I'm being serious. You choose - either a debate on foreign policy or a fight (UFC rules are fine with me). Show me how tough you are.

You see, I don't think you're tough at all. I think you're a little coward who is ready to give up all your rights at the first sign of trouble. You're so scared of big bad Al Qaeda, you're willing to cede your liberties to George Bush because he promises to protect your sorry ass. Millions of men have died protecting our freedoms, but you're so frightened by a bunch of guys in a cave in Afghanistan, you're willing to give up many of those freedoms they died for. I am repulsed by your weakness.

Smerconish (the only name in America that might be more ridiculous than mine), you half man, half pussy -- come out, come out wherever you are.

Violence is seldom the answer. But it is in this case. An organized, controlled, consensual beat down. You agree to fight me, and I agree to crush you. Of course, I don't want anyone getting the wrong message. I am not advocating vigilante justice against idiotic conservative talk show hosts. I don't want anyone else to kick Smerconish's ass. Just me.

I will give you any length of time you would like to train. In the meanwhile I will continue to drink beer and eat fried chicken. I will let you pick any city you like. And I will simply show up and deliver the ass kicking of your life to you in that city.

Or, if you would like to defend the Iraq War, the detainee policies of this administration and/or its foreign policy, I will take the opposition - and eviscerate you.

So, you pick how you'd like to get your ass kicked and I will make it happen for you. Of course, if you're a real man you will accept this challenge. But if you are the little sissy that I suspect you are, you will run away like a little bitch and make excuses as to why you couldn't accept the challenge.

Let's see what you got, tough guy.

The Young Turks

Link



YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




No comments: