-------- Original Message --------
|Subject:||SV: [911InsideJobbers] Someone please post complete text of Ruppert article on Times|
|Date:||Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:51:58 +0200 (CEST)|
|From:||Peter Kofod <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
Michael C. Ruppert and Jamey Hecht
- splintered factions of the movement (second paragraph)
- In colleges and chat rooms on the Internet, this band of disbelievers has been trying for years to prove that 9/11 was an inside job (4th paragraph) The Times does not mention the three best-selling books on 9/11 after the Kean Commission report including Crossing the Rubicon, The New Pearl Harbor, or The Terror Timeline.
- It was in tone, half trade show, half political convention (5th paragraph) Nothing to take seriously here, this implies. Its only a bunch of people trying to make money selling things, have a few drinks and get laid.
- Mr. Berger, 40, is typical of 9/11 Truthers a group that, in its rank and file, includes professors, chain-saw operators, [Gee, as in Texas Chain Saw Massacre?], mothers, engineers, activists, used-book sellers, pizza deliverymen, college students, a former fringe candidate for the United States Senate and a long-haired fellow named hummux (pronounced who-mook) who, on and off, lived in a cave for 15 years. (7th paragraph) By the time you get finished reading about the cave man you have forgotten about the professor and are now looking at this as a ridicule piece.
- Such red flags, as they were sometimes called, were the meat and potatoes of the keynote speech on Friday night by Alex Jones, who is the William Jennings Bryan of the 9/11 band. (9th paragraph) Great, anoint a not-so-credible and easy-to-dismiss Jones as leader of the movement, wrap him up in a ball with the kooks and then flush the whole thing. Just ignore the real 9/11 pioneers like myself, Michel Chossudovsky, Paul Thompson, Nafeez Ahmed and Dan Hopsicker because we cant be so easily dismissed. Im certain that Jones pocketbook is flush, however, since he helped trash the movement which others made credible as he appropriated their research.
- The controlled demolition theory is the sine qua non of the 9/11 movement. (11th paragraph) Says who? Not one of the authors of the three best-selling 9/11 books challenging the Kean Commission adopted or endorsed this position or made this statement. its basic claim and, in some sense, the one upon which all others rest. It is, of course, directly contradicted by the 10,000-page investigation by the National institute of Standards and Technology, which held that jet-fuel fires distressed the towers structure, which eventually collapsed.
- the 9/11 Truthers are dogged, at home and in the office, by friends and family who suspect that they may, in fact, be completely nuts. (13th paragraph)
- There is a plan by the British delegation (such as it is, so far) to get members of Parliament to watch Loose Change, the seminal movement DVD. (16th paragraph) This is one of the biggest whoppers of all. I have watched Loose Change and in my expert opinion it is a very fine piece of CIA disinformation, one that fits an astute maxim by Professor Peter Dale Scott: Disinformation, in order to be effective, must be 90% accurate.
- Beneath the weekends screenings and symposiums on geopolitics and mass hypnotic trance lies a tradition of questioning concentrated power (18th paragraph) Mass hypnotic trance? What the movement uses as a metaphor has been turned into a hyperbolic specific allegation.
- I hope you dont end up dead somewhere, a companion said to a participant (last paragraph) This is just a nice reinforcement that those who get it too accurately sometimes turn up dead. Psychologically, this is just the cherry on top. After all the other ridiculed and twisted logic, why should anyone go through the trouble of challenging authority if thats the payoff one gets for being successful?
There are more lies per square inch in this little passage than in a whole page of typical NYT fare (say, Judy Miller). First, the most widely respected 9/11 researchers have stayed completely away from physical evidence arguments, which will be discussed further below. The sine qua non of 9/11 research as far as were concerned is the original investigation and exposé that five simultaneous wargame exercises based on hijacked airliners were taking place on the morning of 9-11-01 in the Northeast Air Defense Sector and that these exercises under the control of Dick Cheney were what paralyzed air defenses that day. This is the one piece of hard evidence which cannot (and has not) been refuted or even acknowledged by the government.The cited 10,000 page investigation is one of the exact reasons why FTW and other major researchers never touched the physical evidence aspects of 9-11: sufficient non-scientific (i.e. uncontestable) evidence exists to prove government complicity, cover-up, and murder.
Even though the film opens with some of my original research (including images taken from the FTW web site), it quickly sinks into a repeatedly debunked and confabulated hypothesis that no airliner hit the Pentagon. This film is so slickly produced (and on such a large budget) that it is hard to believe that amateur filmmakers could have made it. Once the audience buys into all the credible research at the front, they are quickly swept away in a flood of easily impeached high-tech nonsense, and that was the films intent.Not long before Loose Change was released, a recently retired high-ranking US Naval officer approached me and tried to sell me on the claim that no plane hit the Pentagon. He even claimed that he had been inside the Pentagon on 9-11 and had seen no aircraft wreckage. He kept pushing but could not persuade me, because (as I told him) I was aware of more than 130 independent, non-military eyewitnesses who had been traveling on nearby I-395 who swore that they did see an airliner hit the Pentagon. Having driven on I-395 many times, I know that they had a perfect view.My last correspondence with the retired Navy Captain was on May 16th and in my message I made it very clear that I would not endorse the no-plane hypothesis and that I believed Loose Change to be (in impact) a CIA propaganda film, whether by design, trick or device, or the sheer gullibility of its makers.On May 19th the Pentagon released what it claims was new video showing a Boeing 757 striking the building. It was clear that, realizing I would not fall for the dangle, the powers that be had decided that they would discredit the rest of the 9-11 movement who had accepted no plane.
angiesept11 <email@example.com> skrev:
Because sometimes you just want to be that special Ruppert
brand of nauseous, or more truthfully, because this guy might still
have a few dimwitted followers left & we should know what they're
being told - could someone who pays for Ruppert's restricted content
please post the complete text of the article below of which
only the intro & 1st paragraph are provided on his website for free.
Thanks in advance.