Tuesday, January 24, 2006

windy sunset after a storm


windy sunset after a storm
Originally uploaded by mimbrava.
This has nothing to do with today's photo, but I just want to thank you all for your birthday greetings yesterday, whether by your photo-cards or in comments on my shot for Bine. It was my first one on Flickr, and it was delightful to get good wishes from all over the world.

I'm still not out from under my workload, and won't be for a while, so please understand why I'm not visiting and commenting.

This was taken from my front yard on January 13. I'd been at my computer, working, and looked out to see the trees bending wildly in the wind, and all of sudden the most amazing light appeared as the lowering sun broke through the parting clouds. I rushed outside and shot this and was pleased that it does give a sense of the remarkable light. (This is the house across the street from mine; my house is a ranch style.)

Reminder: Please do not post notes on my photo or any images in your comments unless they are germane to my shot. If you do, I will delete the comment. I welcome your input, but please express yourself in text only, or provide a link to your image. Thank you.

No comments: