Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Bonfire of the Vanities: Moral Clarity on Stem Cells

Bonfire of the Vanities: Moral Clarity on Stem Cells


Blogger Thoughts: Blogging Catholic Priest upholds this blogger's extremely low opinion of the worth of Priests and Catholic ethical guidelines.

When discussion ethics and cloning, he come out with:

"1. Would you do what you propose to do to a human being at a later stage of development? In the first instance, the answer is 'No' -- we don't do invasive surgery on people without their consent."

I have to admit, this type of test tends to allow one to have a clear answer about what is ethical and what is not. However, the answer is so out of step with any reasonable developing concensus. Can I say for sure the Catholic approach to this question is wrong? Certainly I can't. Can I say it would impose restrictions that I find wholly incompatible with medical science and human progress. Absolutely.

More here.

No comments: