Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Suburban Guerrilla � Blog Archive � Ominous

Suburban Guerrilla � Blog Archive � Ominous

I have to wonder if this is a dress rehearsal for martial law. Just take a look at this video of a SWAT team shutting down an outdoor rave in Utah last night – a rave for which they had all the necessary permits. Here’s an eyewitness account:


At about 11:30 or so, I was standing behind the stage talking with someone when I noticed a helicopter pulling over one of the mountain tops. I jokingly said “Oh look, here comes big brother” to the person I was with. I wasn’t far off.

The helicopter dipped lower and lower and started shining its lights on the crowd. I was kind of in awe and just sat and watched this thing circle us for a minute. As I looked back towards the crowd I saw a guy dressed in camoflauge walking by, toting an assault rifle. At this point, everyone was fully aware of what was going on . A few “troops” rushed the stage and cut the sound off and started yelling that everyone “get the fuck out of here or go to jail”. This is where it got really sticky.

No one resisted. That’s for sure. They had police dogs raiding the crowd of people and I saw a dog signal out a guy who obviously had some drugs on him. The soldiers attacked the guy (4 of them on 1), and kicked him a few times in the ribs and had their knees in his back and sides. As they were cuffing him, there was about 1000 kids trying to leave in the backdrop, peacefully. Next thing I know, A can of fucking TEAR GAS is launched into the crowd. People are running and screaming at this point. Girls are crying, guys are cussing… bad scene.

Now, this is all I saw with my own eyes, but I heard plenty of other accounts of the night. Now this isnt gossip I heard from some candy raver, these are instances cited straight out of the promoters mouth..

– One of the promoters friends (a very small female) was attacked by one of the police dogs. As she struggled to get away from it, the police tackled her. 3 grown men proceeded to KICK HER IN THE STOMACH.
- The police confiscated 3 video tapes in total. People were trying to document what was happening out there. The police saw one guy filming and ran after him, tackled him and his camera fell, and luckily.. his friend grabbed it and ran and got away. priceless footage. That’s not all though. Out of 1,500 people, there’s sure to be more footage.

– The police were rounding up the staff of the party and the main promoter went up to them with the permit for the show and said “here, I have the permit.” The police then said, “no you don’t” and ripped the permit out of his hand. Then, they put an assault rifle to his forehead and said “get the fuck out of here right now.”


What the fuck is going on here? Here’s the sheriff’s statement.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 23rd, 2005 at 12:17 am and is filed under The Regime. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 Responses to “Ominous”
Jim Says:

August 23rd, 2005 at 12:48 am
Susie,

It reminds me more and more of Vietnam. The early protests didn’t draw many people or strong government reaction. As the war support dropped and protests became larger the government reaction escalated peaking about 1970-1971 with events like Kent State. I hope we can bring this to a close much quicker, but I anticipate there will be government overreaction to some of the demonstrations.

Jim

No comments: