Tuesday, August 16, 2005

John Roberts Scoffed At Idea Of Equal Pay For Women

AMERICAblog: Because a great nation deserves the truth

Blogger: Americablog seems to miss part of the story. Quote from article:
"The three were promoting the notion of equal pay for different jobs of comparable value, based on factors such as skills and responsibility."

Here's my comment that I posted at the Ameriblog site:

I am horrified at Micheal's/Ameriblog's treatment of this. You are missing the point entirely.
The idea that there would be Federal authority establishing what are "comparable jobs" with the idea of enforcing pay equity throughout the land is one of the most horrifying ideas I've heard recently. Not as horrible as practicing senseless wars and torture, and suspension of civil rights.
I am pro abortion rights, pro 9/11 truth, believe in immediate impeachment. Yet, I think the idea that John Roberts is not qualified as a Supreme Ct. Justice based on a well founded opinion such as is referenced in the USA Today article is showing what passes for "liberal" thought at it's worst.
This is about the last straw for my patience with Michael.

No comments: