Sunday, April 03, 2005

"Nash-ional" Election Reform Conference, April 8-10

Sat, 2 April 2005 12:46:31pm
From Bernie Ellis
Leigh Ann wrote to ask what else she could be doing at this moment. For all of you, I'd like to recommend that you forward the message I just sent you a short time ago ("A handful of good reasons to join us at the "Nash-ional" Election Reform Conference, April 8-10") to everyone you know personally who might want to come to the conference (which my fellow Possum Town, MS hometown transplant Jane Hardy has already done), to every political or progressive listserv you are a part of and to as many Tennessee newspapers and other media outlets as possible. I am copying this memo to all of you to recommend a re-mailing of the press release or mailing the new "handful of good reasons" memo to the newspapers and media outlets that some of us have communicated with earlier. If any of you are interested in contacting the state legislature also, you might email Leigh Ann (leighamartin@juno.com) or me and request the email addresses. I also think it's a good idea to google (in this exact form) "2004 + election + fraud + newspaper + story". I got 519,000 hits this morning (holy cow!!) Y'all want to see how many of those "googled" journalists we can contact in the next 48 hours? (Really.) Just for fun, I'm going to take the first five pages that come up when I google that exact word string above. I may not write all of them that come up but I will write those who look like they have taken the story seriously. If others of you want to call me (931/682-2864) and tell me which pages you'll take, I will keep track of who's dong what. Who knows, we might get another dozen journalists from around the country to the conference if we reach out to these folks in the next day or two. Thanks to everyone for their help. Let's keep rolling forward. Bernie

No comments: