Wednesday, October 20, 2004

"We're Not Going to Have Any Casualties"

Comment: I don't know what is more unsettling: The idea that Bush said this to Robertson, or that a huge number of voters are so blinded by their worldview, or uninformed, or just so corrupted by the gravy train that they want this deeply flawed man to continue as the leader of what once was called the "free world".


"We're Not Going to Have Any Casualties"
By Atrios
Pat Robertson claims that's what Bush said to him:
"And I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, 'Mr. President, you had better prepare the American people for casualties.' "Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."Of course, Bush also said:
I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war.

No comments: